2804 E 26th St #1
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal therapy salvages a tooth by gently removing the infected and damaged necrotic root nerve and pulp of the tooth. The procedure prevents further damage to the surrounding bone, teeth, and gum. Even though the procedure is referred to as a root canal, the root itself is left intact, while the soft infected tissue from the inside gets removed.
Infected pulp in your tooth is caused by:
- Untreated cavities
- Large, deep restorations
- A cracked or broken tooth
- Past or current trauma to a tooth
Signs that you may need root canal therapy:
- Severe tooth discomfort when chewing
- Long-lasting pain when exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- Discoloration or darkening of a tooth
- Persistent pimple-like swelling around the gum tissue
Most of the time, root canal therapy is a relatively simple procedure that can save your tooth and your smile and involves little or no discomfort!